Speed Booster ULTRA for E-Mount and X-mount cameras
Sharper corners, less distortion, reduced vignetting
New optical design: advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass to achieve extraordinary optical performance with improved corner sharpness, distortion and reduced vignetting.
Like the revolutionary original Metabones Speed Booster announced in January 2013, the Speed Booster ULTRA has a magnification of 0.71x, and so it effectively reduces the crop factor of mirrorless cameras with DX-sized sensors and Super35 camcoder, such as Sony E-mount, Fuji X-mount cameras Sony FS7 MARKII, from 1.5x to 1.07x. However, the new ULTRA design makes very effective use of exotic materials at the furthest limit of glassmaking technology, and as a result is well corrected for use with virtually all fullframe SLR/Prime lenses regardless of exit pupil distance. (More information can be found in the press release here)
|Features and benefits
- Design for attaching full-frame PL Prime Lens to Sony E-mount cameras/camcorders
- Increase maximum aperture by 1 stop.
- Increase MTF.
- Makes lens 0.71x wider.
- Advanced 5-element/4-group optical design incorporating ultra-high index tantalum-based optical glass by Caldwell Photographic in the USA (patent pending).
- New positive-lock PL lens mount. (Patent pending).
- Felt material flocked inside the opening to reduce internal reflection.
- Compatible with Sony FS7 Mark II camera.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins, Photo Clam ball heads.
Metabones PL T CINE Speed Booster TM adapters are designed exclusively for the Zeiss CP.2 and CZ.2 lenses.
Important Notes : Do not attempt to mount the lenses not under the Lens Comparability List to adapter - physical damage may occur.
Lens Compatibility List
ZEISS Compact Prime lenses
- CP.2 15 mm / T2.9
- CP.2 21 mm / T2.9
- CP.2 25 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 28 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 35 mm / T1.5
- CP.2 35 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 50 mm / T1.5
- CP.2 50 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 50 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 85 mm / T1.5
- CP.2 85 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 100 mm / T2.1
- CP.2 135 mm / T2.1
ZEISS Cinema Zoom lenses
- CZ.2 15 – 30 mm / T2.9
- CZ.2 28 – 80 mm / T2.9
- CZ.2 70 – 200 mm / T2.9
Tested camera/camcorder bodies:
- A7S ( in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
- A7R ( in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
- A7 ( in "APS-C Size Capture" mode)
- PXW-FS7 MARK II