Still with the best-in-class Rycote Lyre suspension system on board, the VideoMic Pro+ improves on the existing VideoMic Pro capsule/line tube and windshield, plus boasts a host of new features:
- Automatic Power Function (subject to plug-in power availability) is perfect for the run-and-gun shooter, automatically turning the microphone off when unplugged from the camera.
- Built-in Battery Door makes replacing the battery a breeze and far less cumbersome than previous VideoMic models - plus it won't get lost.
- Power options - the VideoMic Pro+ can be powered by the all-new and included RØDE LB-1 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 2 x AA Batteries or continuously via Micro USB.
- Digital Switching - will ensure the user has ultimate capture of the audio signal at the source, reducing post production and editing times. the Digital Switching includes:
- 2-Stage High Pass Filter to reduce low frequencies such as rumble from traffic or air conditioning.
- 3-Stage Gain Control, with +20dB function – designed to improve audio quality on DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
- High Frequency Boost will boost high frequencies enhancing detail and clarity in the recording.
- Safety Channel to help ensure the signal does not clip when unexpected spikes occur.