- Designed for use with DSLR and other video cameras, delivering dramatically better sound quality than the camera’s internal microphone
- Selectable line-cardioid mono or mid-side stereo modes provide the flexibility to capture high-resolution audio in any environment
- Three-position adjustable input pad and switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Integral rubber shock mounts isolate the microphone from vibration and mechanical camera noise
- Compact, lightweight design with integral shoe mount
The AT8024 is a fixed-charge condenser microphone designed for use with DSLR and other video cameras. The microphone offers the flexibility of mono and mid-side stereo modes for high-resolution audio in any environment.
The microphone is powered by a single 1.5V AA battery, included. The AA battery provides optimal performance with high max SPL. A red/green LED power indicator, located on the top of the unit, illuminates green when the microphone is sufficiently powered and red when battery power is low.
The AT8024 is equipped with a three-position input pad that allows for attenuation adjustment. The microphone also features an 80 Hz high-pass filter switch that permits choice of flat response or low-frequency roll-off to reduce the pickup of undesired ambient noise, room reverberation and mechanically coupled vibrations.
The microphone is enclosed in a rugged housing and includes an integral shoe mount that fits most camera shoes. Two rubber shock mounts isolate the microphone from vibration and mechanical camera noise. The microphone includes a permanently attached cable with a 3.5 mm (1/8") L-type stereo plug output. A clip on the shoe mount holds the cable, relieving tension and preventing vibration noise.